Friday, June 25, 2010

Little Niagara


When hiking to a known destination, it's wise to be alert for unexpected. After walking more than a mile to view a popular waterfalls, the partially-obstructed view left me disappointed and pondering my next trip. Moments into the return hike, the trail came close to the creek formed by runoff from my intended destination. A glance, a pause and then an unexpected photo opportunity was at hand. Here it is, I thought. My expectation is right in front of me. Even though I was hiking in northeast Georgia, I couldn't help but visualize Niagara Falls with its sheets of water cascading over in a horseshoe design.
I grabbed my camera, knelt and snapped. This cascade, about 12 inches high, is like a miniature of the real thing.
Sometimes, big is not necessarily better.
To return to e-Photos.biz, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment