Friday, September 10, 2010

Depth Finder


To photograph a waterfalls, this photographer had to get down in order to look up.
At Tallulah Gorge in northeast Geogia, multiple waterfalls pull tourists deep into the gorge, which sinks hundreds of feet below its parallel rims and between walls of rock that surround the Tallulah River.
To reach the scenic Hurricane Falls, a network of metal steps sink into the deepest gorge east of the Mississippi River.
The river meaders through the gorge, and creates this falls when it encounters a drop of about 50 feet.
To get this shot, I walked down more than 600 steps. With aching knees, I reached an observation deck. Most visitors that reach this depth are serious hikers, using a floor pass to move away from the protected walkway before disappearing onto a primitive trail. Not me. No way. My reward was in my viewfinder. It didn't last. There's a return trip. Only one way out. Up.
To return to e-Photos.biz, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment